A real estate development company located in Ikoyi, Lagos with international affiliations is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager.
• Managing contracts and up-sell/cross-sell opportunities
• Driving sales through proper qualification, solution presentation and closing techniques
• Consistently meeting or exceeding weekly, monthly and annual sales activity goals
• Closing prospective customers using working knowledge of the business line.
• Identifying opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell customers
• Handling inquiries about product, pricing, order expediting and customer relations
• Customer focused selling, communication and objection handling
• Providing professional, courteous, and efficient customer service to all customers
• Increasing sales through account planning and expansion of existing accounts
• Creating Business Development Plans including prospective target customers, market assessments, and sales plans for transition
• Preparing and presenting sales presentations, business proposals and client reports to clients and company stakeholders.
• Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
• Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
• Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
• Control purchasing department budgets.
• Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future product availability.
• Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
• Candidate must be eloquent and charismatic as he/she will be required to make business transactions with high profile clients.
• Minimum of 3 years working in a large food mall with hands on experience in purchasing large quantity of food items.
• Knowledge of Lagos markets and deciphering best prices for staple foods.
• A street-smart yet composed individual who can proactively handle changing environments and situations.
• Knowledge of MS Office and use of Excel in calculating and reporting etc.Interested candidates should apply http://biempowerment.org/job/purchasing-manager-is-urgently-needed/
Senior Project Manager
A renowned company with International recognition is seeking for a competent, versatile and qualified Senior Project Manager for efficient and effective management of the various company projects such as exhibition, trade promotion and marketing being undertaken by the Organization.
Overview of the Role
The prospective applicant will be responsible for the strategic plans and management of company-wide projects, identifying trends, determining system improvement and implementing change with a view to making significant improvement and add value to the existing process.
Person’s Specification/Required Competencies
• Honest and a goal getter.
• Managerial and leadership approach to issues
• Innovative and creative
• Proactive and analytical.
• Decision making and communication skills
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Delegation and teamwork
• Negotiation skills.
• Stress tolerance and adaptability to a new work environment.
• Responsibility and Accountability etc.
Qualifications and Experience
• Any of the following professional qualifications is required: PMP, PgMP by PMI or Prince 2. Relevant Master’s degree such as MBA, M.Sc, MA will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 12 years cognate experience with at least 6 years in managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
• In-depth Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project Management such as exhibition, trade promotion, marketing and proven experience in strategic planning, change and risk management.
• Proficient in project management software.
• Lead planning and/or implementation of project and participate in the design and testing phases.
• Facilitate the development of project mission, goals, tasks and assist in conflict resolution within and between projects or functional areas, initiate methods to monitor projects and provide adequate supervision and correct any identified deviation from the objectives and goals where necessary.
• Effective coordination of the project team, monitor performance, actively involved in hiring and disengagement of temporary staff meant for a specific project.
• Interact regularly with existing or potential Clients, identifying their various needs and develop strategies and plans in improving delivery in order to meet and even exceed Clients’ expectations.
• Develop project management plan and method and ensure that these plans are effectively implemented and reviewed for continual improvement.
• Review the services rendered by the Vendor, obtain information about future Vendor development in the functional area and influence the development in ways best for the company.
• Manage project budget and resource allocation.If you meet the afore-mentioned requirements, please send a soft copy of your application letter and your attached CV http://biempowerment.org/job/senior-project-manager-urgently-needed/
An oil & gas organization is currently in need of a Copywriter. The jobholder will write, edit and proofread various documents for various departments in the Company. He/she will also create written content for all Corporate Communications campaigns and initiatives.
• Master’s degree in English is a plus.
• Professional certification such as NIPR or CIPR is also a plus.
• 3 – 6 years experience as a Creative Copywriter, Writer, Paralegal, Law & Public Relations Specialist.
• Previous Legal experience not required but is a plus.
• Ability to write good, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar.Suitable candidates should send their updated CV tohttp://biempowerment.org/job/copy-writer-is-urgently-needed/