Five – Ten minutes into a job interview can determine whether you get the job or not. We – HR professionals – don’t need more than that during any job interview. From the first question, we know if we are going to hire you. Having a wonderful resume does not qualify you for a job, it qualifies you get an interview. Both ends needs to be taken cared of.
You’ve sent out countless resumes and have finally been called in for a job interview. This is the point where you can make it or break it. If you perform well, you may finally get the job you’ve been looking for.
Then again, if you commit one of these 10 ways to ruin an interview, you’ll be walking away with nothing to show for it. These do’s and don’ts should prepare you for the interview so you don’t make any mistakes.
DO’S AND DON’T BEFORE ANY JOB INTERVIEW
1. You didn’t research the company.
2. You came in late.
3. You didn’t dress for the part.
4. You kept the interview negative.
5. You gave canned responses.
6. You didn’t ask any questions.
7. You let your nerves get the best of you.
8. You didn’t stay on topic.
9. You didn’t pay attention.
10.You forgot to say “Thank You.”
We wish you all the best at your next interview.
The BiEmpowerment Team