Hello every one, we apologize for our unavailability over the weekend. It was due to technical issues. But now we are back with a bang! Lol!
Just to refresh your memory, we have been talking about how most successful leaders did not get there by accident; they learned and applied habits of great leaders. This is the Part 4 and the last part of our shaping a leader series.
- Be reasonable: You need to listen to everyone’s opinion and be fair in picking the most sensible one to adopt.
- Keep learning and improving: A great leader looks for every opportunity to learn. Read as much as you can, take classes when you have the opportunity and work on improving your skills and processes constantly.
- Never give up: You need to keep trying, not giving up. A little persistence does not hurt anyone and eventually might do the trick.
- Learn from your mistakes: Avoid making the same mistake twice. If something isn’t working, change your approach.
- Always give feedback: It is important you let your team know what they are doing well and what needs further improvement. A person usually feels motivated and would do better when they are told how well they have done.
- Be approachable: You should be someone who people can open up to. Let people know they can trust you.
- Get your team together: Use team-building exercises and ensure that there is positive energy around your people. Avoid having favorites but ensure that you treat everyone equally.
We hope we are making a difference, because we believe that all BIE readers are leaders in the making.
Thank you for your time and stay connected to BI Empowerment.