What is positive thinking?
Positive thinking is a mental and emotional attitude that focuses on the bright side of life and expects positive results.
How positive thoughts can build your skills.
With a positive attitude, we experience pleasant and happy feelings; this brings brightness to the eyes, more energy, and happiness. Our whole being broadcasts goodwill, happiness and success, even our health is affected in a beneficial way. We walk tall, our voice is more powerful and our body language shows the way we feel.
Research is beginning to revel that positive thoughts is not just about being happy, but that positive thoughts can actually create real value in your life and help you build skills that can help you progress in you professional and personal life.
What negative thoughts do to your brain..
For example, you are walking on a street and you see a python that is longer and bigger than you, the first thing that happens to you is fear and the next action you take is to run.. most times, we don’t thinking and we just run, we do not give room for other options, that is what negative thoughts does. Thank God we do not find anaconda snakes on our streets today, but its the same thing that happens to us when we are surrounded by negativity such as negative minded people around us , or we ourselves are filled with negative thoughts, what it does is that it shuts down other options that could lead into creativity…
Negative thoughts, words and attitudes creates negative and unhappy feelings, moods and behavior. When the mind is negative, poisons are released into the blood, which causes more unhappiness and negativity. This is the way to failure, frustrations and disappointment.
With positive thinking, skill sets are built, happy people from research are usually creative, can do people will always think of ways to ensure they can get things done, which in turn leads to the development of ideas and brand new skill sets. From research, if you are experiencing positive emotions like contentment and joy, you will see more possibilities in life. It opens your mind to build skills that will provide value to other areas of your life.
How to increase positive thinking in your life.
- In order to turn your mind towards the positive, some inner work is required, since attitudes and thoughts do not change over night, there has to be some conscious effort. Remember that the power of your thoughts is a mighty power that shapes your life, positively or negatively.
- Ignore what people think or say about you when they discover you are changing the way you think. Also avoid spending time with people who are negative minded. We affect and are affected by the people we meet in one way or the other.
- Once a negative thought enters your mind, you have to be aware of it,eradicate it and replace it with a constructive one .
For example, rather than… Can I ever get to ……..? Its more like If I just get……. Then I will be set or Can I ever achieve ……… ? It should be more like Once I achieve….. I’ll be satisfied. The first one which is negative thinking, shuts down options, but the second one which is positive thinking gives you room to become creative, think and explore options that can actually help you achieve your goal.
Many times the negative thought will return, discard it and replace with a positive one. Persistence will eventually teach your mind to think positively and ignore negative thoughts.
- Use your imagination to visualize only favorable and beneficial situations.
- Use positive words when talking to people.
- Repetition of affirmations works along side visualization.
No matter what the circumstances are currently, you may have come out with a 3rd class or a pass and you may be wondering why you aren’t doing as great as others, THINK POSITIVELY, expect only favorable results and situations and circumstances will change accordingly.