“I saw this on an online platform and thought to share, I hope our BIE readers learn some lessons from this. Enjoy” – Tokunbo Fasoro
1. Portugal is not a one-man team
Lesson: Let people hold an opinion of you. You know what and who you are and what you can do under immense pressure. All you need is an opportunity to show it.
2. Ronaldo made France better.
Lesson: Don’t eliminate your “best” competitor. Your competitor keeps you on your toes. If your competition is weak, good will be your better and better will be your best.
3. Portugal’s attack was blunted, but they did not concede a goal.
Lesson: It is not how much money you make; it is how much is saved. If you are not making money, don’t lose money.
4. 85% of the spectators cheered France.
Lesson: Crowd support is overrated. You are your greatest and best cheerleader.
5. Portugal held the ball in their half and made quick passes in France’s half
Lesson: Victory/success is planned. A team hardly happens on success.
6. The odds were against Portugal
Lesson: Don’t pay attention to the media and bookmakers. Give yourself a chance.
7. Despite his injury, Ronaldo “played” on the sidelines.
Lesson: Sometimes, inconvenience is secondary consideration. When you smell blood, do the overkill – with just one painful thrust.
8. France was arguably better than Portugal on the night.
Lesson: You are better than you think. You don’t have to be an Einstein to succeed. Determination could be everything.
9. Portugal made a celebration T-shirt before the game started.
Lesson: Believe success is possible. Plan your celebration dance.
10. Portugal did not play with Ronaldo
You don’t always need a star to be successful. Give your team members responsibility.