We’re looking for a Project Coordinator (Abuja, Nigeria)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive
farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business
solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted
in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places
can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four
decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
About the Project: In partnership with Synergos Development Innovations, TechnoServe is
working to transform the agricultural sector through the State Partnership for Agriculture
(SPA). SPA uses a systems change approach to re-orient and strengthen key state actors in
the sector and is initially focusing on rice and cassava in the states of Benue and Kogi, and
potato and ginger in Kaduna. As a consulting partner to Synergos, TechnoServe is conducting
policy analyses aimed at improving decision-making at the federal and state levels, engaging
critical private sector partners to promote agricultural investment, and conducting capacity
The Project Coordinator will oversee and coordinate project activities with
relevant stakeholders, managing the project across Benue, Kaduna and Kogi state. This will
involve project planning, implementation, supervision and delivery of results based on an
operational plan. TechnoServe is looking for a Project Coordinator to perform the following
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure delivery and implementation of project activities across project states based
on project timeline ensuring activities are within the project scope and budget
- Liaise with project partners and other stakeholders while maintaining strong
relationship with relevant stakeholders
- Provide project partners with implementation plan for project activities
- Monitor project deliverables and timelines, prioritizing project tasks and
communicating status to project partners as needed
- Supervise and manage project staff, providing direction and leadership support to the
to the team
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of reports as required by project partners
- Produce narrative reports for internal and external consumption; and share best
practices and lessons learned from the project
- Represent the project and TechnoServe at internal and external functions
- Understand and promote TechnoServe’s values, vision, and strategy in
implementation of assigned duties
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related studies required; master’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management, coordination and implementation
- Knowledge in agriculture value chain consulting is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships
- Willingness to travel frequently
Deadline for application: Friday, January 19, 2018; 17h00 WAT
This position is open to Nigerian residents only. Qualified and interested applicants should
submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of:
- Cover letter
Submit to email@example.com. Please identify the position for which you are applying in
the subject line. We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high
volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the
minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We
are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of
gender, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS
status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We’re looking for a Human Resource Officer (Abuja, Nigeria)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms,
businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to
poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that
given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate
income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of
proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Primary Purpose: TechnoServe seeks a highly skilled HR Officer to provide an employee-
oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and
standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior
workforce. The Human Resources Officer will promote the implementation of services, policies,
and programs through best HR practices and TechnoServe standards. S/He will also be tasked
with assisting various project managers with HR issues. The HR Officer will report to the
Operations and HR Manager.
In this role, he/she will be:
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement,
motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system.
- Maintain pay schedule and benefits program.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor relevant capacity building programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Maintains the HRIS database and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist
- Update and maintain employee contact information and company organization chart.
- Periodically audits the database to ensure accuracy.
- Assists in the development and updating of the Human Resources practices in line with
industry practices and ensure implementation.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
Conducts benefit orientations and other benefit training, as needed.
Processes enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and
Prepare monthly payslips showing detailed breakdown of remunerations in line with
Reconciles monthly billing statements against payroll deductions.
Assists employees with any benefit claim issues or concerns.
Advertises employee job openings, keeping with company recruitment policies.
Sorts and reviews resumes as they arrive on a daily basis. Provides the first review of
resumes. Maintains a filing system that retains qualified candidates for future openings
Schedules and partakes in interviews with the hiring manager relevant parties
Mails out the candidate offer letter as requested.
Makes sure that the work space, computer and other equipment, email setup, and
appropriate installed software are ready for the new employee’s start day.Conducts new employee orientation, prepares paperwork required for new hires, and
establishes personnel file.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ documented managerial and supervisory experience with 2
years’ experience in recruitment and employee engagement, personnel records
management, employee relations, training of HR practices, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience, preferably in an international NGO.
- Computer literacy with excellent MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR) or Professional in Human
- Resources (PHR) is preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain
constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
Deadline for application: Friday January 19, 2018; 17h00 EST
Qualified and interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume and salary
history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify the position for which you are
applying in the subject line. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered
or contacted. No phone calls please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race,color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected
veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
More jobs are available